Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oy Vey



Thats really all I can say. I don't even really know what Oy Vey means but I am guessing its somewhere along "Oh Lordy" or "Oh My Goodness" And it has been that kind of week.

Since Friday I have been babysitting Chico the Chihuahua in hopes of someone coming forth and reclaiming their dog. Yet after a post on Craigslist, an entry to the pound, and flyers around the neighborhood. No luck.

So today me and the dude are taking our one of many daily walks. Its a concrete path alongside Mission Road that is lined by dense green grass. I always see a lot of people in the neighborhood walking their dog and hey I finally joined the club. It was fun. I ran with Chico a couple times and forgot for like the 10th time to bring a baggy to pick up his doo-doo. Whoops. Oh well. (I am a newbie at this dog "owner" business, spare me please!)

As we are wrapping up our walk I see a cut little kitty near some bushes and give her some pets. She purrs in contentment as I am about to walk away I see one of her legs is turned under her in a manner that is definitely not normal. I pick her up and sure enough the leg just dangles about like a boiled pasta noodle. So, I brought her home because I couldn't just leave her there.

I can't afford to pay her vet bills for whatever is wrong with her leg. I can barely hold my own here. But thankfully I found a grass roots rescue organization based in San Francisco that promises not to euthanize animals. So tomorrow I take this little kitty to a vet in Fremont, CA. I am going to give them strict instructions not to put this kitty down because it is the most loving thing ever.

Ugh. Midterms, Chico, and broken legged cat.

Yeah its been that kind of week.


Now that...is not normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment