Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Adventures With Frida

Frida on Dash

This Wednesday started out craptastic. I woke up at an ungodly hour to hurry up and hide any signs that an animal lives in our home since perspective buyers were coming to look at ALL the apartments. & little Frida cat isn't on the lease.

Today it was me and Frida, in the car, for four hours. Oh, yeah.

Me and Frida in Car

We went to the vet first to drop off the wiley cat my neighbor and I are nursing back to health. We say he is "feral" because he hates practically everyone else but us. He managed to bite two vet techs and scratch one. Not embarrassing, at all.

Frida and I then went to The Country Waffle to get myself some breakfast. She waited in the car obediently with the windows cracked. Then I went to Target and she again chilled in the car. Then we drove and drove around some. Then we went to a park and I tried taking her down but she wasn't havin it so back in the car we went. I tried to nap but that wasn't working either so instead we went to McDonalds and got me an Iced Mocha to wake mama up.

After all this we didn't get home till about 1pm because of course they didnt' see our apartment until about 12:30. I wanted nothing more than to plop onto my bed and let my mind drift into a delicious slumber, but I had to get ready for class. I go to school and class is cancelled. Its like the teacher read the signals my tired brain was giving him and said hey Ferni, take the day off!

I must shamefully admit that today was fun. Frida was like my partner in crime. During the times the car was running she was a wreck going MAOW MAOW MAOW. But when the roar of the engine would cease she was my homie. (I took a funny video on my cell phone but for some reason it isn't letting my send it to my email like it normally does).

It was like our own little mother-daughter day. If of course being a mother means you are allowed to leave your kid in the car while you ponder things to buy at Target and if it means letting your kid ride on the back dashboard. What, you don't do that?

Frida on Dash and Me
...its because I'm a cool mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment